Wednesday, February 23, 2005

My Favorite Games by Number of Players

One of only two podcasts that I've listened to in their entirety up to this point is BoardGameGeek.com's Geekspeak. It's a podcast that usually has a person involved in games, and at the end of the show the hosts, Aldie and Derk, ask the guest(s) what his (their) favorite games are. I thought I'd post my answers to these "hook" questions up here for fun.

Favorite games for 2 players
  • Magic: the Gathering [1]
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation
  • Pueblo [9]

Favorite games for 3 players

  • Torres [5]
  • Pueblo [9]
  • Java

Favorite games for 4 players

  • Puerto Rico [3]
  • Tigris & Euphrates [4]
  • Taj Mahal [8]
  • Goa [10]

Favorite games for 5 players

  • The Princes of Florence [2]
  • Amun-Re
  • Puerto Rico

Favorite games for 6 players

  • 1830: Railroads & Robber Barons [6]*
  • The Republic of Rome [7]*
  • Dune*

* Don't get to play these games at all due to length. Whereas even my favorite games for five players finish in around 120 minutes or so, the six player games all clock in around 240 to 360 minutes.

The numbers in the brackets are my current rankings of favorite games overall.

No comments: